楼主#更多 发布于：2020-05-17 15:06
01. Days later she was found by two soldiers. They stared at each other, wondering what to do with this little orphan girl.
02. Mary felt her spirits sink even lower.
03. Mary felt her cheeks flush.
04. Mary awoke the next morning to the sound of loud scraping[skreɪp]. She sat up in her bed and looked around.
05. One morning Mary woke to find bright sunshine flooding her room. she dressed quickly and ran outside.
06. She stood very still, listening to its song until it finished and flew away.
07. Then something caught her eye. A rusty object was poking out of the soil. Mary leaned forward and tugged[tʌɡ] at it, her heart thudding[θʌd].
08. He looked up at me with a scowl.
09. He scowled[skaʊl], and slammed the door behind him.
10. The rain began again that night. It beat against the window, waking Mary up. She listened as the wind howled around the house and down the chimney. She tried but could not get back to sleep. "Stupid wind!" she thought.
11. Mary couldn't stop thinking about the secret garden.
12. What happened next was pure magic. A strong gust of wind lifted the ivy, parting it like a curtain.
13. She fumbled[ˈfʌmbl] for the key, her heart beating faster than a galloping horse.
14. Taking a deep breath, Mary pushed open the door and stepped inside.
15. As she approached, he put his fingers to his lips to warn her to be quiet.
16. There was a pause and then her uncle said,"..."
17. She swallowed hard and stepped into a huge room.
18. When he saw the light from Mary's candle, his eyes widened even further, but the crying stopped.
19. A glimmer of light spilled into the corridor.
20. She couldn't wait to see Colin and tell him about her morning.
21. Mary felt a wave of anger sweep over her.
22. She put her hands over her ears, but it didn't stop the noise from getting through.
23. There was a moment's silence as they looked at each other.
24. Just then he heard sounds coming from inside the garden--sounds of running and laughter.
25. feel one's heart race
26. full of excitement
27. fly into a rage
28. give sb a grin
29. stare at ...in wonder
30. ask in astonishment
31. chew her lip 咬她的嘴唇
32. sigh with disappointment/relief
33. "...," she sniffed.
34. "...," she snapped.
35. "...," she gasped.
36. "...," she beamed.
37. "...," she growled.
38. "...," she wailed.
39. "...?" the boy asked, his voice trembling.
40. Finally, with a proud look on her face, she said, ...
41. hold one's head high 昂着头
42. for the first time in months
43. for the rest of...
44. sure enough 果不其然
45. gallop out of the room
46. tiptoe out of bed
47. shoot sb a meaning/grateful look
48. shiver with nerves
49. wipe the tears from his eyes
50. pace up and down
51. stride up to sb
52. leave with a shake of her head
53. sb be lost for words
54. with a proud grin on his face
55. Exhausted, he flopped[flɒp] down into a chair.