楼主#更多 发布于：2020-05-17 15:05
01. We huddled[ˈhʌdl] together for warmth.
02. Let's get some sleep.
03. Bill had had enough. "I can't stand it," he screamed.
04. She seemed to be looking for something, stopping now and then to search rocks.
05. Arriving at the mouth of a cave, she sniffed, looked around, and then crept through its narrow entrance.
她来到一个洞口，嗅了嗅，向四周看了看，然后蹑手蹑脚地从狭窄的洞口钻了进去。I crept up the stairs, trying not to wake my parents. 为了尽量不吵醒父母，我蹑手蹑脚地上了楼。
06. At the mouth of the cave, something made him stop dead. Faint, strange sounds were coming from inside. Then came a warning snarl from his mate.
07. She felt an overwhelming sense of loss, but knew that life must go on.
08. He lay there for a long time, shivering with fear.
09. A man got up and walked towards him. Towering over him, the man bent down. The cub's hair bristled[ˈbrɪsl] . Her lips went into a snarl, showing his little fangs.
10. White Fang followed, feeling worried and uncomfortable at this new adventure.
11. Then suddenly, without warning, Lip-lip leaped at him, slashing[slæʃ] his leg.
12. The cub had never seen fire, but he was drawn towards it. He crawled towards the flame.
13. White Fang lay by his nother's side, longing for the quiet of the stream and their cosy home.
14. The more White Fang learned about man-animals, the more he respected them.
15. White fang never forgot his mother, or stopped longing for the wilderness of his early cubhood, but by and by, he began to settle down.
16. He leaped at the boys, snarling and snapping, and they fled in terror.
17. He staggered and fell in the snow.
18. He got up warily[ˈweərəli], expecting to be beaten at any moment.
19. Bit by bit, he went up to the man, keeping his eyes firmly fixed on him.
20. Talking in a soft tone, the man stroked [strəʊk] and patted it and rubbed its eyes.
21. That night, he stayed awake waiting in vain for his master to return.
22. The dog stood up, and stared at the door. A few moments later there was a footstep. The door open and Scott stepped in.
23. The truth was that Scott was torn. He was miserable at the idea of leaving White Fang.
24. At that instant the room was plunged[plʌndʒ] into total darkness
25. As night fell, ...
26. not long after this
27. Then came the day when...
28. feel lonely and desperate to be home
29. stretch out one's hand
30. hear a sharp squeal[skwiːl] of pain/delight
31. curl up and go to sleep
32. feel a rush of pride
33. drift off to sleep
34. fly into a fury
35. A mad rush of anger rose in sb
36. grin from ear to ear
37. leap upon sb
38. like demons
39. sink his teeth/fangs into...
40. give a joyful little cry
41. gather up the courage
42. come swaggering towards sb
43. give sb a terrible beating
44. push through the crowd
45. welcome sb with happy cries
46. rush after...追赶...
47. beat sb without mercy
48. feel all his fear melt away
49. scratch one's head, puzzled
50. wild with panic
51. without even thinking
52. in the glare of the afternoon light